Step, the leading all-in-one financial platform for the next generation, is launching a waitlist today for its highly anticipated premium card, set to debut this summer. The Step Black Card makes it possible for anyone to elevate their lifestyle with top-tier rewards and benefits, regardless of their financial history.
“The Step Black Card is a symbol of financial freedom,” said CJ MacDonald, CEO and Co-Founder of Step. “This is a generation of entrepreneurs and creators who are rewriting the rules around money and work. They want authentic experiences and rewards aligned to their values. Until now, there hasn’t been a card on the market that caters to their needs while remaining accessible.”
Step Black aims to democratize the privileges and premium perks that are typically reserved for cards with stringent credit score requirements and substantial spending minimums — things that most individuals don’t qualify for early in life. There are no credit score requirements to get the Step Black Card.
“When I turned 18, I applied for rewards cards but got denied by multiple credit card companies because I had no credit history. I ended up having to use my parents’ credit cards even though by that time I had won the Fortnite World Cup,” said Kyle Giersdorf, the professional gamer and entrepreneur also known as Bugha. “I was excited when I heard about Step Black. Its features and benefits are exactly what I am looking for. I’m glad that others won’t have to experience the challenges that I did, and now have a card that can match their lifestyles.”
The Step Black Card’s perks will be tailored to diverse, modern lifestyles and interests.
Some of the notable benefits include:
- Best-in-class savings: Cardholders earn 5.00%1 on their savings balances up to $1 million. Funds are FDIC-insured up to $1 million and there will be no limits on how often members can access their money.
- Rewards on every purchase: Up to 8x points with Step Black partners; 3x on dining, food delivery, and charitable donations; 2x on entertainment, streaming, and gaming; and 1x on everything else.2 Points are redeemable for cash back.
- Over $100 in annual perks and credits3: Bringing life’s most memorable moments within reach, cardholders get access to exclusive offers and experiences with some of their favorite brands.
- Numberless metal card: For additional safety and security, the 17g, laser engraved, metal card does not display any account information other than name. The metal cards are accompanied by a virtual card for online transactions.
- Priority customer support: Step Black cardholders receive expedited live support in addition to having safety features like merchant blocking and the purchase protection of Visa’s Zero Liability policy.
The Step Black Card comes with a comprehensive mobile banking platform that goes beyond a typical credit card management tool. Members can monitor their credit score, build an investment4 portfolio with as little as $1, send and receive money, grow their savings, and borrow responsibly – all through the Step app.
“Step makes it so easy for me to take control of my finances and eliminates the need for me to juggle multiple apps and cards. As an investor and user of Step I’m so excited about the exclusive benefits and rewards that Step Black will offer to people who want to earn even more. There’s just nothing like it,” said Charli D’Amelio, creator and entrepreneur.
To join the waitlist for the Step Black Card, visit https://step.com/blackcard.